CBE releases brochure on Grease InterceptorsJune 15, 2017
The Baths, Virgin Gorda, BVIJune 15, 2017
Small Community Project — 45,000 Gpd Collection, Yacht Pump Out, Secondary Treatment, Chlorinating, Sludge Processing, Ocean Disposal
By: BVI Water & Sewerage Department, Government of the British Virgin Islands 5/98
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola, BVI is host to one of the Caribbean’s most popular beaches and is frequented by locals, visitors and yacht charterers from around the world. In addition to over 60 residential homes, Cane Garden Bay boasts 8 restaurants, 4 hotels, and numerous guest houses and apartments. Due to the high level of the water table, the proximity to the beach and the huge increase of waste water disposal, Cane Garden Bay was at risk at contaminating the beaches that made the community and the BVI most famous. The BVI Government contracted with CBE to design and build a wastewater system that would be capable of effectively collecting, treating and disposing, not only of the community’s wastewater but also of waste produced by the many yachts that moored immediately off shore. CBE, as main contractor, subcontracted the engineering firm of Advanced Engineering, Inc., the pump station manufacturing firm of Myers Pumps, (through their agents American Pump Systems) and the wastewater treatment equipment firm of Cromaglass Corp. The combined expertise of this consortium led to one of the Caribbean’s most comprehensive and modern wastewater treatment system.
- 15,000 ln. feet Low Pressure Collection/Disposal System with 1 1/2″ discharge lines and 3″ pvc main lines.
- 1# Yacht and Marine Pump Out Station with NEMA 4 Control Panel.
- 3# Myers Prepackaged Fiberglass Pumping Stations — 60″ x 72″ 5hp duplex grinder pumps with NEMA 4 Control Panel.
- 14# Myers Prepackaged Fiberglass Pumping Stations — 48″ x 60″ 2hp duplex grinder pumps with NEMA 4 Control Panel.
- 17# Myers Prepackaged Fiberglass Pumping Stations — 24″ x 60″ 2hp simplex grinder pumps with NEMA 4 Control Panel.
- 1# Influent Splitter Box.
- 3# Cromaglass 15,000 gpd prepackaged fiberglass SBR secondary treatment systems with NEMA 4 Control Panels.
- 1# Cromaglass 5,000 gallons Sludge Processing System with NEMA 4 Control Panel.
- 1# Cromaglass 5,000 gallons Chlorine contact tank.
- 1# Cromaglass 5,000 gallons Post Equalization and Effluent Storage Tam with NEMA 4 Control Panel.
- 1# Myers Prepackaged Fiberglass Effluent Pumping Stations — 60″ x 72″ 5hp duplex effluent pumps with NEMA 4 Control Panel.
- 1# 150 kW Emergency Diesel Generator.
- 1# Control Equipment Building and Operator’s Facilities.
- 720 ln. feet Ocean Discharge 3″ Polyethylene line with concrete weights and diffuser system.
Cane Garden Bay is a favorite anchorage for Yacht Charterers
Inter tank connection of a typical CA-150 fiberglass unit by Cromaglass Officials.
Layout of 3 CA-150's, a sludge processing unit, and a chlorinating tank.
CBE and Engineering Officials examine newly installed Myers Pump Station.
Typical yacht pumping apparatus.
Typical Yacht Pump Out Station with attached suction hose located at end of pier.
Cane Garden Bay Beach has been voted as one of the best beaches by tourist.